the best ingredients for acne-prone skin
if you are acne prone and are not sure why your skin is giving you a bad time, don't go in at full force 24/7 (don't be too rough with your skin). instead, try to hold back and use products that contain fewer ingredients that are designed to cleanse, soothe & treat the skin without being too harsh/stripping your skin.
these are some of the ingredients you should look for:
tea tree oil - anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal. treatment without irritation
aloe vera - naturally hydrates and soothes
- chamomile - anti-inflammatory, helps fade spots, eliminate acne scars and fight breakouts, protects the skin from free radicals
- green tea - detoxifies/clears clogged pores, treats oily skin, exfoliates gently
- vitamin e - an antioxidant, can help moisturize and reduce the appearance of scars
- willow bark - is an astringent, anti-inflammatory, and soothing. contains salicylic acid, a BHA that is a natural exfoliant used in several acne treatments b/c it can help skin shed dead cells while clearing pores
- hyaluronic acid - helps dehydrated skin (oily skin) b/c it won't irritate your skin, is lightweight and will not clog your pores (which can lead to breakouts), and it doesn't contain any ingredients that add more oil to the skin
- niacinamide (vitamin B3) - increases skin hydration, brightens skin tone, improves skin texture & makes less irritable
what other ingredients do you know of that help acne-prone skin?
I have had pretty good results with tea tree oil & niacinamide as well as green tea. Another ingredient I really like is zinc. Here's a link with a lot more information on how it can help acne, if anyone is interested: https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/zinc-for-acne
The different ways you can use zinc will affect how helpful it is for you and what it does.